One of the many delicious vegetables ready to harvest from the Cedar Crest Lodge garden in August is zucchini. And boy is it abundant in 2018! While we love using zucchini in vegetable dishes at dinnertime at our Kansas B&B, we have come up with a few fantastic breakfast recipes as well.
30 Days of Pancakes
In honor of National Pancake Day on September 26th, 2018, we are featuring a different pancake every day in September during breakfast! To kickstart our Pancake Month, we offering up our zucchini bread pancakes recipe. These pancakes are a fresh twist on a crowd favorite, and we’d like you to experience it whether you can join us for breakfast in September or not.
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground Vietnamese cinnamon (my favorite!)
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- Mix the first 7 ingredients (dry) in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the milk, egg and vanilla bean paste.
- Add the wet mixture into the dry mixture along with the shredded zucchini. Mix ingredients well, but be careful NOT to over-mix! Batter will still be a little lumpy – let set for a few minutes and stir 1 last time before cooking pancakes.
- Place a 1/4 cup of batter on a hot, greased griddle. When bubbles appear on top of pancakes, flip to other side.
- Serve with butter and maple syrup.
Yields approximately 20 pancakes. Enjoy!< Back to Blog