Cedar Crest Lodge, located in Pleasanton, Kansas, warmly welcomes all guests. However, our efforts are ongoing, and currently, our property is not entirely wheelchair accessible.
The physical barriers include the following:
- Our rooms do not offer roll-in showers.
- Some rooms have narrow doorways that do not accommodate a wheelchair.
- There is no elevator.
So all guests can enjoy Cedar Crest Lodge, significant steps have been taken to remove barriers where possible at our property. We offer the following for those with limited disabilities:
- Big Sky Room: This first-floor suite located in the Main Lodge has its own private entrance. The entrance to this suite offers easy navigation and no steps from the convenient parking area. The room features a king-size bed, a sitting area with a fireplace, a dining table for two, and a room ventilation system. Guests will also enjoy a luxurious bathroom with heated floors, a 6′ x 4′ two-person tub with grab bars, and a separate two-person step-in shower with a handheld shower head.
- The Wine Country Room: This first-floor room located in the Carriage House features a king-size bed, an individually controlled thermostat, and a luxurious two-person step-in shower with multiple jets, a shower seat, and a handheld shower head. There is a private deck accessible through patio doors directly from the room.
- With 24-hour notice, we can also accommodate special vegetarian, vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, low-carb, and low-fat diets.
Our goal is to ensure that anyone who wishes to visit Cedar Crest Lodge can do so, regardless of their physical abilities. Among the ways we strive to comply with the ADA:
- It is our standard operating procedure that individuals with disabilities can make reservations for an accessible accommodation during the same hours and in the same manner as individuals who do not need an accessible room.
- We have identified and described accessible features as well as physical barriers with enough detail to allow individuals with disabilities to determine independently whether a given guest room or cottage meets their accessibility needs.
- Our standard operating procedure is to ensure that our accessible guest room options are held for use by individuals with disabilities. However, we protect our client’s right to privacy of disclosure.
- We guarantee that an accessible guest room, once reserved, is held for the reserving customer and is removed from all reservation systems. We make reasonable efforts with third-party reservation systems to ensure that an accessible room is available through at least some of these services and that information concerning the accessibility of the room is included on their reservation platform.
- Guests with legitimate service dogs are provided access to all areas of the inn where members of the public are allowed to go.
For special accommodation needs, please call us directly at 913-352-6533 so we can help you determine the best guest room to ensure you have a comfortable arrival and enjoyable stay.
We are committed to facilitating the accessibility and usability of this website for all people with disabilities. We will continue implementing the relevant portions of the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA (WCAG 2.0 AA) or other standards as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Periodically, our website is tested with assistive technology. Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing. You may email us at email@example.com or call us at 913-352-6533 with questions or concerns regarding ADA accessibility issues, including issues accessing the website.